Main | AIGA Portfolio Advice »

Whats going on?

I will post to this area when I know of an event that you should attend. Please post comments if you know of other happenings around town that are related to art and design.

See you around town,

Grant

The Minneapolis College of Art and Design (MCAD) hosts many design lectures, all free and open to the public. I was browsing their upcoming events webpage and found that there are two interesting ones happening very soon (ONE TONIGHT!) These would be good lectures to attend for anyone in this class or anyone in Senior Seminar (remember that those shooting for an "A" must attend one design lecture this semester). See the info below, courtesy of MCAD's website...

Fred Senn
When: Sept. 20, 6:30 p.m.
Where: Auditorium 150
Cost: Free
A partner and co-founder of the Minneapolis agency Fallon Worldwide, Fred Senn recently co-authored a book with Pat Fallon about using creativity to solve key business issues. Among the agency's award-winning works have been Citibank's "Live Richly" and identity theft campaigns, featuring crime victims speaking with thieves' dubbed voices.

Marlena Peleo-Lazar
When: Oct. 31, 6:30 p.m.
Where: Auditorium 150
Cost: Free
Marlena Peleo-Lazar leads the creation of McDonald's advertising for the entire product line in the United States, including the recent "I'm Lovin' It" campaign. Serving as the keeper of the keys for all marketing materials, she nurtures the brand personality of the company's products and supervises the internal creative department.

Hiya, I am really glad I have found this information. Today bloggers publish only about gossips and web and this is actually annoying. A good web site with interesting content, that is what I need. Thanks for keeping this site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Cant find it.