« Ex3 Due PLUS... | Main | Web Development Intern »

Our Last Day

Everyone,

Tuesday May 8th is our last day of class and its a big one. As you know I have been contacting designers and working with Kim from the Learning Enrichment office to set up the Second Annual 4355 Portfolio Review night. This is your "final". As part of your Portfolio (30pts) I will be walking the room taking notes over your shoulders as you present books. Be prepared to show and talk about your projects in detail, what type of job you might look for, what you struggle with as a designer this senior year and other informational interview type questions. This group of professionals is volunteering presious time to meet with you so please give them some respect that and come ready to sell yourself. These will be short twenty minute interviews and the plan is to have you sign up for 3 sessions during a 2 hour period. You may the opportunity for a 4th session if time permits. Last year this was a huge success and I am hoping for similar results. Please take this serious, but have some fun too. I understand some of you might be a bit nervous... don't be. They will understand that you are just getting out of school and will continue to work on your Portfolios for years to come. This is your opportunity to get some great advice. As the "teacher" it was not my duty to look at every detail of every project in your book and "get you detailed feedback". I tried to help some, when you asked and when we had time... but the designers coming in will tell it like it is. I am really looking forward to this night because I am proud of the work you guys have accomplished this semester and you should be too.

Event Details:
Tuesday May 8th
Sign In at Rapson Hall (east bank CDES building) 6 - 6:30pm (I know our final time is 6:30)

Sessions from 6:30 to 8:30 or so.
Close and mingle 8:30 - 9pm

Best,

Grant