Main | December 2006

Happy Thanksgiving Show!!

I know this is a shamless PLUG, and not design related...but think of this as an oportuntiy to learn from another industry. How does one ROCK? What did a musician give up to start a career in design? head down to the 400Bar (cedar and riverside) this Wednesday to find out!

One of my former projects is reuniting to celebrate a 400 Bar 10 year anniversary for the current ownership (Bill and Tom for those who know them). DETROIT plays with The Sandwiches on Wednesday November 22 at the 400 Bar in Minneapolis. That's the This Wednesday Eve of Thanksgiving. If you know nothing of DETROIT, check out the myspace page about the band.

http://www.myspace.com/detroitfleshrock
I bet we go on around 11 or so...
See you at the bar!

Happy Holiday,

Grant

Posted by at 11:52 AM

Welcome to the GD Mentorship Blog

Hello everyone!

You are receiving this email because you are currently participating in the GD mentorship program at the University of Minnesota. Last year we started using this blog as a tool for communication and a resource archive for our mentor session. Go ahead and post design related advice, events and comments to the entries that I start. I will update the contact list so that you receive an email when new content has been posted. Please let me know if you want to be removed from that list or would like to change you contact email information. Also, I plan to continue my tradition of planning and hosting a number of events during this session. Look for postings about the 4th Annual GD Round Table Discussion, Design Firm/Studio Tours, The 2007 CDES Graphic Design Portfolio Review, and others. I would live to create a real community via this Blog this year and make the UThink top 50! It wouldn't take much...just a few comments from everyone involved and we would be on the way. Please let me know if you want me to add some categories by posting a comment to this "general" entry. If you have questions about how to use this Blog, please feel free to contact me. Thanks so much.

Have fun with it and enjoy the love.

Grant Eull

at the u: geull@umn.edu
at work: grant.eull@collemcvoy.com

Posted by at 9:24 PM

Whats in you book?

If you have questions about your portfolio or would like to post some comments about you portfolio, please comment to this thread.

Thanks,

grant

Posted by at 8:45 AM

Got Advice?

Please share your advice for all to read...
Post a comment to this thread! Do it! I know you have something to say...

Grant

Posted by at 8:44 AM

Internships

Please comment to this thread and post any internship OR job opportunities you may have.

Thanks,

Grant Eull

Posted by at 8:42 AM

Interactive Internship

Currently my place of work Colle+McVoy is seeking an interactive intern to help with a number of Flash projects. If you are a designer looking to work in a advertising agency and have some experience with Flash but would like to learn more. Please send me a resume, and samples of your work.

Thank you,

Grant Eull
designer.developer
Colle+McVoy

grant.eull@collemcvoy.com
www.collemcvoy.com

Posted by at 8:38 AM