Portfolio Review Sign Up

Everyone,

Please go through the official channels and sign up to attend the April 4th portfolio review. You should of received a email from Carli Braun. But I have pasted the info hear as well. Good luck with all your work on your Identity and self promotional pieces over the break. I look forward to seeing the work when we return to class. Remember these project do not need to be mounted, but I would like them "together" in some way. Hand me a folder, or bag, or ziploc, or whatever with all the requested items...

good luck! Below is the pasted GD Portfolio Review Info for sign up. Please do so ASAP. Attendence is required for our class.

G.D. Portfolio Review
Tuesday April 4th
5:45-8:15pm
McNeal Hall, Rooms 10 & 22

EVENT DESCRIPTION:
The graphic design program at the University of Minnesota will hold its first ever portfolio review on April 4th of this year. All students participating in the mentor program and seniors in portfolio 4355 are welcome to attend and show work. A collection of design professionals form the Twin Cities will be on hand to look at student work and share advice. Each individual session will last 12 minutes, giving students a chance to meet with a number of the professionals over the two hour time period for this event.

This is a rare opportunity for students to ask questions and gain insight from professionals in the design field.

SCHEDULE:
Check-in and social time 5:45-6:15pm
Porfolio Review 6:15-8:15pm

REGISTATION DEADLINE: Tuesday 3/28 at NOON:

TO REGISTER: Please complete the following form and email it to Carli Braun (cbraun@umn.edu)

For questions or more information, please email Carli Braun (cbraun@umn.edu).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ GRAPHIC DESIGN PORTFOLIO REVIEW REGISTRATION:

REGISTER BY TUESDAY MARCH 28 at NOON:
Please complete this form and email it to cbraun@umn.edu

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Name:________________________

Year in Graphic Design Program: ____

Current Student in Portfolio 4355: Yes_____ or No _____

Name of GD Mentor (if applicable):____

Email: ________________________

Phone: _____________________

RSVP TO:
Carli Braun, M.A.
Career Resources Adviser
Student Services and Alumni Relations
University of Minnesota, College of Human Ecology
612-624-1204 Fax: 612-625-7234
cbraun@che.umn.edu

Portfolio Reminder

Everyone,

Tonight is our last guest speaker this semester. Hilary Davis a design at Regis Corporation will discuss what it is like to work at an in-house agency and show some of your work. I believe she is going to touch a few other topics as well, but as is the norm, please try to bring questions. You have been great this semester and I would like us to end our guest speakers series on a high note. ALSO, your identity/self-promo is due AFTER Spring Break. A few of you have talked with me and we have worked though the process, but I hope to get a chance to see what a few others our up to. I will be available before and after class as usual. Some of you may want to take off at 7:40 or so to work on the senior show...that too is cool with me. Remember to choose a portfolio case, and bring it to class the weeks that follow spring break so we can discuss it. In those two break out classes I want to hear how your freelance projects are going, and what events you have attended OR plan to attend...

See you all later,

Grant

AIGA Portfolio Advice

I am not the only one with advice on how to create your book...
Check this out when you get some time. Also, those of you who are AIGA member should log into the TRANSITION section. There are a ton of great articles about make the change from student to professional designer.

Portfolio Advice
http://www.aiga.org/content.cfm?Alias=portfolio_advice

Student Landing page
http://www.aiga.org/content.cfm/students

More advice...

If I think of things during the day I will share them here. Please comment and do the same.