- Includes: hip, spine, hip, forearm, leg, ankle, pelvis, upper arm, and hand.
- One year mortality rate of 20-30%
Traumatic brain injury
- 20% of serious head injuries lead to mental decline.
Fear of Falling
- Self imposed restrictions on activity and mobility
- Can contribute to future falls and the risk of more serious injuries
Loss of independence
- Related to decreased mobility and functional abilities
- Increased rates of admittance to nursing homes or long-term care facilities.
Loss of self-esteem