Intro Post

Hello, my name is Teena. It took me till now to figure this thing out!

Well hello

Hiya,

My name is Julia, and I'm a Senior double-majoring in print Journalism and Gender Studies. My favorite movies are: The Godfather (parts I and II only), Drop Dead Gorgeous, Strangers With Candy, Jesus is Magic and All About Eve. I love the Daily Show, the Colbet Rapport, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Weeds, and I'm addicted to anything written by Maureen Dowd or David Sedaris. I'm also a political junkie, so if you want to trash Sarah Palin I'll be your best friend.

Love,
Julia.

Entering the 21st Century

Hello hello. I'm Amanda Ellig and I'm a senior in GWSS. I took a couple years off, and now I'm back to hopefully finish. I've always wanted to take a film class, so this fits in quite beautifully with that interest and my major.
I just got a computer, I never go on the internet, and I haven't had cable in years. However, I love movies and I am writing my first blog... so things can change.

Introduction

Hello! My name is Michelle and I'm a sophomore at the U studying I/O Psychology and Spanish. I took a film class my junior year of high school and was lucky enough to go to the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. I'm from a northern suburb of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I'm really looking forward to seeing and discussing the films that this course has planned!

*I've never used a blog before, so please excuse me if I do it incorrectly!

Introduction

Hello, I'm Elizabeth. I am an art senior, a feminist, and a pet lover. I can't wait to watch these films! Good times;)

I'm Ben

Hey everyone my name is Ben, I'm a junior studying mechanical engineering. I think it's pretty sweet when people say interesting things about themselves in their introductions so I'll try to do the same. I love ice cream, I've been skydiving, I took a year off of school to do a term of AmeriCorps and movies might be considered one of my favorite pastimes.

I'm Erin

Hi I'm Erin Anderson, and I am a senior at the University. I am an art major, with an emphasis in photography. I am from Mound, MN.

Who am I?

Hello- My name is Angela and I am a transfer sudent from Normandale. I am in my junior year working on my B.A. in Political Science and hope the next 2 yrs go by really fast. With the very little freetime that I have I spend it with my boyfriend, family and friends. I really enjoy dining out (which is hard to do when your are a poor college student), traveling, learning about different cultures and new experiences.

Hello

My name is Bailee and I'm a senior child psychology student. I want to eventually get my master's in marriage and family therapy. i love eating green apples.

Intro: Hola

My name is Abbie, currently a sophomore! I am an International Business major! For my first semester of college I went to Arizona State University and it was so beautiful and hot down there and was really fun! Thats about it!
I actually did this on friday or something but i forgot to rebuild it so it might not have shown up
Sorry

bonsoir

Hello All,
I think this class will be very intresting and I'm looking forward to it. I wanted to attach a photo, but I couldn't figure out how to make like a normal attachment... So I think I'll be seeking some help.

Bon weekend!

Hello!

My name is Kaiti and I am a transfer student. This is my fourth year of college and I am a Psychology major. With my degree I hope to work as a Birthparent Counselor. Birthparents are people who decide to relinquish their children to adoption. I am a proud birthmother with a 2 1/2 year old boy named Jakob. I have an open adoption with his adoptive parents and am still a big part of his life. I am very fortunate and I want to help others in the future with their their decision of adoption for their children.

Hi!

Hey everyone... My name is Jessi and I'm a junior transfer student. My major is English, so I'm taking this class for fun. I've seen a few of these movies already, but I thought they were good and look forward to seeing them again. I read Persepolis over the summer and I am most excited to watch that film. See you on Wednesday...

G'Day Mates!

Hey!

My name is Katherine Jonas. I am a junior planning to declare my major in GWSS! I live downtown Minneapolis this year with my best friend. She is conveniently named Kathryn! I recenty got back from a semester abroad in Australia. My trip was amazing! I was there for five months and had the time of my life. Some of the adventures included scuba diving in the GBR, traveling to Sydney and Melbourne and getting to know the Aussie lifestyle! I plan to travel to Ireland this summer with my sister! So thats a little about me. I'm really excited to get to know everyone and for the class itself! See you all on Wednesday!

Katherine

Hello everyone

Hi everyone,

My name is Margie Siggelkow. I am a junior who transferred this year from Wisconsin. I work at the student service office for the Architecture department. I am a GWSS major. I love movies and my favorite movie is Amelie. II think that this class will be really interesting and will change the way I think about the media, and it's role in the portrayal of women, race, class and gender.. I haven't seen most of the movies in the class so I am excited. Good Luck to everyone this semester!

Introduction

Hey everyone,
I'm Andrea and I'm a junior majoring in Child Psychology. I've lived in MN all my life and actually really love it here. :) I do like love to travel though and hope to do more as I get older and have more opportunities. I spent a month in Romania this summer volunteering at an orphanage, which was an awesome experience. I'm pumped for this class because I love the way GWSS classes make you look at things in a whole different light, plus we get to watch movies.

Intro

Hello everyone, my name is Asbah Hadi. I am a senior in microbiology and hope to graduate come Spring 2009. I hope to attend graduate school to study viruses and eventually would like to work for the Centers for Disease Control. I was born in India and moved to the US when I was one and have lived in Minnesota ever since. I have a variety of interests including traveling, cooking, reading and the outdoors. I look forward to gaining a new perspective on film from this class!

Intro

Hey everyone, my name is Jolene Lewis. I am a senior majoring in Sociology-LCD. I plan to graduate next spring. I have lived in Minnesota my whole life. I recently became an aunt and my favorite thing to do is play with my nephew, Kody. There's not much else to tell about me. See everyone in class!

Hello

Hi, my name is Trevor Keilholtz and I am a junior. I recently transfered from Winona State University to the U of MN. I am majoring in Studies in Cinema and Media Culture with a possible minor in Human Sexuality. Two reasons for me taking this class: 1. My love for film. Movies are my life and I am open to anything that will further my knowledge of this medium 2. I took a feminism course (Feminist Discourse: Women in Popular Culture) at my previous school and I really enjoyed it hoping to possibly take another course like that again. Well what do you know as I am registering for classes this course came up and I knew right away that I was going to be taking it no matter what. That is all I have for now, can't wait to dive into this class because from the looks of the syllabus it seems like we are going to have a good time.

Hey Everyone

My name is Stephanie, I'm a sophomore. I'm majoring in Mathematics-Actuarial Sciences and minoring in Statistics and Economics. I'm looking forward to this class because it will be a nice distraction from all of my math classes (I'm taking like 3 of them this semester alone, BAD IDEA). I've live in Minnesota my entire life and I still do not understand why or how people could possibly enjoy the extremely cold parts of the winter season. I hope to get to know more of you as the semester progresses.

karissa

Hello, my name is Karissa. I am a transfer student from MCTC, this is my first semester at the U. I have lived in Minneapolis for nine years, but I still don't know my way around the U. If you see a women walking around with a map out looking lost and confused, it's me. I received my women's study certificate from MCTC and will be a GWSS major here. I am really excited for this class.

Intro

Hi. My name is Katie and I'm graduating this fall with a double major in Art and Art History. I have taken classes on both film and feminism, but never the two combined. So I am really curious to see how this class will go...

Hello all

My name is Katie Green, and I'm a sophomore. I'm originally from a small town in upstate New York, but I've lived thirty minutes outside of Atlanta, GA for the past eleven years. I'm double majoring in English and Journalism with a minor in Political Science. I'm also terrible at anything dealing with technology, so I'm really hoping this post shows up like it's supposed to.

My name is Jonathan. I'm a senior majoring in child psychology. I chose this class partly because a friend of mine was supposed to be in it and then decided to drop out without telling me. I also chose it because I thought it would be fun and kinda different than what I usually take here at school. For fun I like to go fishing and work on cars and then race them.

Hola...

My name is Natalie and I'm a junior, Spanish major. I'm a singer in a hip-hop/funk band called More Than Lights, and it's one of my most favorite things (you can check us out by clicking here). I also love traveling, working at the Renaissance Festival (this is my eighth year working there), and my two doggies, Rufus and Dylan (after Rufus Wainwright and Bob Dylan).
Last year while going through some piles of stuff, I found my mom's journal from 1975, when she was taking a class on feminism in college. It was so crazy to read her thoughts and reactions to women's lib, and I realized I don't know much about feminist theory. So I'm excited for this class.

hasta luego.

An Introduction of sorts

My name is Sofi and this is my second year at the U of M. I'm a global studies/GWSS double major. I'm still trying to envision myself as studious and disciplined. It perhaps not in my cards- and as such being a student is a slow process towards that revelation.

I am a horrible speller and my grammar would be excellent if I was constantly writing a long poem. But I will try to curve those inclinations for my posts. Mostly as not to embarrass myself all semester long.
I am not much one for blogging. That inclination too I will work at curving.

I am looking forward to the days ahead.

Howdy!

Hiii! I'm Allison, an American Studies major and a GWSS minor. I'm in that mysterious grey area between being a junior and a senior -- including this semester, I've got about three left. I've tried a bit of everything when it comes to school, but I've never been happier with my studies than right now. I like records, cats and libraries. In fact, I want to get my masters in Library Science! And I am really looking forward to this course, it is really exciting to take thoughtful film classes! I haven't seen the majority of the films, actually. I am the pokiest when it comes to movies. Terribly slow on the uptake. And yes, this means I've never seen Alien! Truthfully, this has more to do with the fact that I have this dreadfully deep-set, terribly unreasonable fear of aliens than my inability to finish a movie in one sitting when I'm alone. Conundrum! Mild hilarity ensues when I get the pants scared off of me by the moving pictures of a fictional creature! Sheesh.

hey hey

My name is Arnoldas - overworked, stressed and messy GWSS senior.
Among various things I do is EXCO - Twin Cities Experimental College. We have tons of interesting free classes for the fall, many of them geared towards social justice and variety of skills. Check them out here EXCO Fall

HI HI

Hello everyone! My name is Rachel, I am a senior and my major is Communications. I am originally from Wisconsin but fell in love with the Twin Cities the second I got here! After graduation I plan on getting into event planning. I have a Boston Terrier named Tuxedo (his head is all white and his body is all black). I really have a passion for film, so I am really looking forward to this semester.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Kara Sullivan and I am a senior. I am going to be graduating with a degree in Strategic Communications and Public Relations. I really hope to find a job right after I graduate. My goal is to one day become an event planner for a professional sports team. I love going out and spending time with with friends and family. I also love shopping, tennis, volleyball, movie nights, and warm weather!

Looking forward to a great semester! :-D

I am Rachel

Hi everyone,

I am a senior majoring in Family Social Science and minoring in Family Violence Prevention as well as GWSS. I am also planning on going through the Certified Family Life Education program. I'm looking into purchasing a Miniature Dachshund, but for now I have a cat named Zeke and a Betta fish named Fire Engine.

Glad to be here!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Min Lee and I am a senior majoring in SCMC (Studies in Cinema and Media Culture).
Uhh...this sounds like it should be a fun class.
My favorite movie is Donnie Darko, does anyone else like that movie?
Let's be friends on Facebook.

How cool is it that we can post YouTube vids?! Shameless plug--

Hey Hey!

Hello! My name is Nicole. I am really excited for this course it seems very interesting.

Introduction

Hi this is my introduction. I am an architect major in my second year. I went to St. Louis University my first semester of college and played varsity soccer there, but I decided I wanted to pursue architecture so I transferred to the U. My favorite book is Where the Wild Things Are. My favorite movie is What About Bob. And last but not least I am going to learn how to snowboard this winter.

Allow me to introduce myself!

Lets see,....me in a box,...hmmm.
Well, I am a senior here at the U of MN however I will not be graduating in the spring but hopefully next fall. I am a GWSS major and I love every second! (with the exception of all seconds taking tests and studying the mundane material!) I love to learn and love to travel.

Personal Philosophy:
People are beautifully complex and everyone is worth understanding. Our society is in need of a revolution and I plan to always be the change I want to see in the world, as Gandhi so thoughtfully stated. (I think it was Gandhi at least!)

Most importantly,..I believe that humor should be a key part of everyone's lives!

Intro.

Hi everyone, I'm Chelsea. I'm a sophomore who grew up in a small town south of the citites. I plan to major in Human Resource Development as of right now, but that could possibly change. Growing up i worked at a small hometown movie store for almost 5 years and love movies. So i am very excited for this class and in the past have loved all the other classes I took in the department of GWSS. I can't wait to get started!

Intro

Hey there,

My name is Jeff. I'm a senior and Studies in Cinema Media Culture major and Spanish minor. My favorite movie is Fargo and my favorite band is Wilco. I don't have a favorite hobby.

Introducing Myself...

Hey! My name is Devan and I am a Freshman. My majors are Nutrition and Chemistry and I have also decided to minor in my hobby: Botany. Growing up, both my mother and father stressed the importance of women's rights to me; so I think I'm definitely going to like this class. I enjoy educated debate, politics, the Duluth/Superior region, running, kayaking, Law and Order, and The Office. Eleanor Roosevelt has been my hero since the 7th grade. :-) I am excited to listen to everyone's ideas and opinions! P.S. I am completely new to this whole blogging thing, so I'm terribly sorry if I screw something up. I hope everyone is have a great week.

Hey!

My name is Kimberly Conlon. I am a junior here at the U, and I am going for an Econ major with a math and statistics minor. I LOVE movies, so I should enjoy this class.

introducing myself....

Hi, I'm Leah. I'm a transfer student from MSU-Mankato. I am from the cities so being in a town that didn't have a skyline kind of drove me crazy! It's nice being home! GWSS is a perfect major for me and I'm really excited to start taking this class and the many others that will go along with it.

Introductions!

Hi! I'm Kadie Seitz, a sophomore History student who just transferred to the U and is quite overwhelmed by its enormity. This class sounds fun though. The only other film-related class I have taken was about Road Movies, and we did talk a little bit about feminism, specifically in regards to Thelma and Louise, which I guess we will be watching in the near future.

Also, I found this really awesome video which I think you all will enjoy.

KITTENS!

Everybody loves kittens :-)

http://www.dailykitten.com