Web 2.0 Flash Mash-Up Tricks on CMS systems help keep them flexible, open and lively.

Well, while converting to Oracle's WCMS, dubbed UMContent here at the U of M, I've discovered that even though they have a proprietary approach to building sites, and pages, that if they don't block mark up you can pretty well get a long working with the newest (circa Sept 2008) forms of mash-ups.

A couple in particular are, sIFR, SWObject, and extending access via flash enabled media players.

So Oracle's WCMS (our UMContent) has little to offer when it comes to doing things like podcasts or offering dynamic text to image conversion using specific typefaces, right out of the box.

But they don't block you from using these techniques to deliver content and formatting in ways that enhance your site.

Continue reading "Web 2.0 Flash Mash-Up Tricks on CMS systems help keep them flexible, open and lively." »

YouTube Mac wants to be a PC commercial Mash-up

I just posted a terrible, poorly editted, little video showing Mac (from the Get a Mac ads) trying to show how he is a PC. I through this together to try get something free from a contest. My friend Kevin Reynen once said the most useful app a Mac can run is Microsoft Windows and this is my omage to his intelligence.

This was created for a MaxiumPC contest to win a 8Gig Sansa Media Player

Enjoy Mac wants to be a PC!