Its getting closer

So....my digital focus is this Thursday and since the beginning of this class my ideas have drastically changed, but also stayed somewhat the same. I am still wanting to design my own patterns and I originally wanted to look at doing a furniture or desk set-up but now I don't like that idea anymore. I am now looking at ways to use the patterns I create and incorporating fabric (probably felt) to make some sort of an installation. I am also thinking about paper after having some inspiration from researching artists online.
Deborah Mersky came to UMD a year ago or sometime last year I think and I thought her design was inspiring. She does pattern in her own way with very organic shapes and imagery. When I was thinking about creating a desk, I was looking at her glass installations and at the etching she did. I also love her cut outs....the library panels she did are great. Here is a link to her website where you can check out some of her work...I will also post a few pictures of hers that interest me.

Tord Boontje is also a designer that I found and loved his work. He does installations and collaborates with other companies and designers in many fields such as clothing design and some furniture as well. He does primarily cut out fabric and paper and has beautiful flowery images. He has also done some lighting which is fabulous. I am really excited to find my own way to take my pattern and make it dynamic. Here is a link to his website... I will also post some pictures of his work below.

Deborah:
i3.jpg
Picture 1.png
Picture 2.png
Picture 3.png

Tord:
casasugar.png
55_4Lg.jpg
AAAAAnfcG8MAAAAAAMj2Xw.jpg
tord-boontje-rug.jpg

This page contains a single entry by glawe005 published on March 2, 2010 2:30 PM.

Hilarious was the previous entry in this blog.

I KNOW IT! is the next entry in this blog.