Recently in Work in progress Category

PHOTOS

some last process work

From the first flowers I made to the last, the glue gun took over from the needle and thread and I finally finished up the whole project! I projected my pattern onto the suitcase and used paint pens since the inkjet transfers didn't work. I will put some photos up of the show soon!!

more work

I made some more flowers and came up with new ideas---
I want to put the flowers on tacks and put cork board up on the wall so i can just pick where I want to tack the flowers. I also will be putting the pom poms on the floor as my "fortunes" or "warm fuzzies" with the little tags that I will cut with the scalloped scissors I got today. The suitcase is the only thing I do not have supplies for yet and I think I will maybe be able to finish up on that Sunday! its almost done!!!

check it out:
yarn.jpg

fortune.jpg

flowervariety.jpg

loveem.jpg

THE PROCESS

Here it is.....the process I am taking to make the flowers.....more to come:

step1.jpg

step2.jpg

step3.jpg

step4.jpg

step5.jpg

step6.jpg

step7.jpg

step8.jpg

Starting with the suitcase.....

First, I taped off the edges and used a primer to spray paint this old suitcase white. I bought it for $17 at an antiques store in the cities. I started with white so I can paint it any other color I want before I paint on the pattern designs. I am still experimenting with other methods of transferring the image a bit easier...so that will come soon.

suitcase.jpg

suitcase2.jpg

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Work in progress category.

Recently Noticed is the previous category.