College of Design

Goldstein Museum of Design

Hello design!

7522_136540583140_644518140_2605759_1314064_s.jpg
Welcome to the Goldstein Museum of Design's blog. I'm GMD's director and have been here for almost 6 years. I came here the year before the College of Design was formed, so saw the transition from the museum as part of the College of Human Ecology's Department of Design, Housing, and Apparel to its new position in the College of Design. I provide guidance for GMD's strategic thinking and major projects, work with the staff and advisory board to provide a sustainable and vibrant design resource, and represent GMD with professional gatherings and organizations.
If you count student work, my museum career spans a little over 35 years. As an undergrad, I worked on the installation crew at Miami University (OH) and in grad school as a curatorial assistant in The Ohio State University. Since then, I have worked in art and history museums in Ohio, Texas, South Carolina, and Minnesota plus gallery programs in New York, Nebraska, and Missouri.
I am also on the boards of the Minnesota Association of Museums and the Association of Midwest Museums. When I'm not thinking about museums, I have an off-the-track Thoroughbred mare and we participate in local jumper and dressage shows.
GMD is celebrating its 35-year anniversary this year. Watch for our celebration in the fall!