« Way to signify need for abstraction into plugin | Main | Tidy erb views »

CLA-OIT Rails Plugins

-umn_helper plugin that encapsulates any general tool that is universally useful--some of this functionality could likely be shared publicly too. Either way, its our top level plugin where we put handy rails tools that we use that could easily be shared without any special config

claoit_helper--this plugin constitutes more specific functionality where extra work would be required to share the plugin with others.

cla_data_center--this plugin should contain functionality specific to working with a CLA_DATA_CENTER database and tables within it where the app db is on the same db server as the CLA_DATA_CENTER.

auth_tokens -- A general purpose standardized pseudo role based authorization tool/methodology. Eventually we hope to release this publicly, but for now somewhat dependent on the cla_data_center and the umn_auth_filter.

Between me and my husband we've owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I've settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.