Chapter 5

Activities are an important aspect of ID. They are influenced by learnerís needs and characteristics, the context, learning outcomes, and the delivery context. After the activities are designed, they must be effectively delivered. In so doing, the designer should take into account the following aspects: equipment available, time to deliver, background information of the learners. Also the media assets to delivery the material should be able to capture the learnerís attention and to attain the goals of the project.
Being a teacher has allowed me to think about the instructional materials, activities, and the delivery modes for every class. I have not only to think about the topic itself, but also at the type of learners I have in my class and the time I teach. Teaching at 8:00 a.m. is different from teaching at 11:00 a.m. For instance, I plan activities in which physical activity and group work are required for my 8:00 a.m. class. For my 9:00 a.m. class, I plan more individual and pair work without relying on much physical movement (my students are awake by then!).

Posted by gomez021 at February 22, 2005 3:32 PM