« Analysis of Number Use in NYT Maltreatment Article | Main | Corpse Flower Blooms in St. Paul »

Never-Before-Seen Elvis Photos Surface

Previously unseen photos of Elvis’ 1972 Madison Square Garden concert were discovered this week, CNN reported.
Madison Square Garden’s official photographer, George Kalinsky, 64, was looking for photos to use in a billboard campaign titled “Great Moments in New York? when he came across the Elvis photos he took over thirty years ago.
According to the Daily Telegraph, Kalinsky had asked Graceland for permission to use a photo for the project, and was asked if he had any other Elvis photos.
“I thought I had eight or 10 good photos, but I found four rolls of film,? Kalinsky said (Daily Telegraph). CNN reported that 40 unpublished photos were uncovered, while the Daily Telegraph reported that 100 photos were found.
Graceland officials consider some of Kalinsky’s photos to be the most iconic Elvis photos taken, the Daily Telegraph reported.
“These are very crisp, clear, professional photos of Elvis. It's such a rare find,? Kevin Kern, spokesman for Elvis Presley Enterprises, said. (CNN)
One photo, in which Elvis has his arms spread and looking up, is now on a billboard on top of the Virgin Megastore in Times Square.
The photos will now be part of an exhibit called “Elvis Jumpsuits: All Access? that will also feature 50 of the star’s jumpsuits, CNN reported.