High school soccer team disqualified from state tournament

| No Comments

The Minnesota State High School League disqualified last year's 1A state-title winner Prairie Seeds Academy from the state soccer tournament Wednesday, the Star Tribune and St. Cloud Times reported.

The MSHSL found that the team used an ineligible player during the entire 2012 season, the Star Tribune reported.

According to the Star Tribune, the ineligible player transferred to the school during the 2011-12 school year. The player was ineligible, though, because the school did not fill out a "student online transfer form," the Star Tribune reported.

The MSHSL investigated the school following a brawl that took place during Prairie Seed's 2-1 victory over Totino-Grace High School last Friday, according to the St. Cloud Times.

With the win, which is now vacated, Prarie Seed advanced to the state tournament, the St. Cloud Times reported. Prarie Seed was supposed to face Duluth Marshall in the state quarterfinal, but Marshall will advance to the semifinals with the disqualification, according to the St. Cloud Times.

MSHSL executive director Dave Stead told the Star Tribune that he's never seen a team disqualified from a state tournament in his 27 years with the league.

Leave a comment

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by gotli007 published on October 24, 2012 10:20 PM.

Italian scientists convicted of manslaughter for not warning of quake was the previous entry in this blog.

Saul Smith to coach this season, Tubby Smith says is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.