Call for application A.Y. 2010-2011 - non EU citizens
The Ph.D. Programme in "Politics, Human Rights and Sustainability" is a three-year residential programme characterized by an interdisciplinary approach to the subject and by the emphasis placed on current problems defining the protection and promotion of human rights.); it consists in
the following curricula (Research Areas):
- Identity, rights and conflicts in the political theory;
- Conflict and political systems in international relations;
- International and European political economy;
- Institutions and mechanisms for protecting Human rights: outlines of International Law;
- Rights and social capital in the regional development policies;
- Agrarian Law, Environmental Law and Sustainable Development of the land.
- Applicants must hold a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or a Master of Arts (M.A.) degree or equivalent title;
- they should not be older than 35 years on September 30, 2010; older than 35 may be exceptionally admitted by the Examination Committee;
- they must hold of an internationally acknowledged certificate specifying their intermediate level English knowledge (as per art. 2, par. 3).
Positions and grants:
- 3 positions with 3 fellowships (amounting to €14.500 per year + free meals at school's canteen + Campus facilities).
- The School may also admit eligible candidates without grants up to a maximum number of 3 posts
- Candidates are requested to apply online at: www.sssup.it/phdapplicationonline by September 30, 2010 by 12.00 pm GMT. In case of problems with the online application, please contact the PhD Administration Office (tel. +39.050. 883.220/383, e-mail: infophd(at)sssup.it).
- An hardcopy of the application (signed by the candidate), together
with the enclosures requested, must reach by October 11, 2010:
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
Divisione Formazione Universitaria e alla Ricerca
Piazza Martiri della Libertà 33
56127 PISA, Italy
"Application PhD in Politics, human rights and sustainability" must be written on the envelopment.
Application and attachments
Enclosures to the hard copy of the applications:
a) a copy of the candidate's passport;
b) two copies of their Curriculum Vitae et Studiorum. Please, use the EU model;
c) photocopy of Candidate's University Master Degree (to be translated in Italian or in English except those written in French, German, Spanish);
d) two copies of the abstract of thir Master Degree thesis and a copy of any other publication that they deem suitable
e) detailed list of academic courses taken (written either in English or in Italian, French, German, Spanish). This list should contain information regarding credits, units (or equivalent) received, the grades received for each class taken, and the date when the final (or semester) examination was taken;
f) the certificates of knowledge of English language (as per art. 2, par. 3) and any certificate related to this Call that they deem suitable;
g) two copies of a detailed Research Project, of no more than 3,000 words, which will describe the research activities that applicants would like to perform during the PhD course.
The Research Project will include:
- a title;
- the scientific premises and the relevant bibliography;
- the aim and expectations of the research;
- the experimental methods and data analysis methods which will be used, where required;
h) at least two Reference Letters written by Faculty Members who have supervised the applicant's work during his/her university studies;
i) a numbered list of documents attached
Selection of applicants
- Assessment of the Titles: assessment of all the submitted documents and publications e submitted documents and publications, including the CV, and the Research Project.
Beginning of the PhD Programme
The PhD Programme will start on January 20, 2011