Teachers Without Borders will soon be launching it's teacher professional development program in peace education. To read more about the program, visit the TWB web site:
cross-listed from Peace and Collaborative Development Network
The program is in its final stages and should be launched in early to mid-October. It will be available for free online, and we will also be introducing it through workshops, the first one set to take place in Jos, Nigeria. We hope for this program to reach as many teachers as possible. Please help us spread the word!
Through peace education, teachers play an important role in creating a world where peace, equality, diversity, and unity prevail. Very simply, peace education is teaching peace - the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and behaviors that are necessary to promote peace and nonviolence in society.
The Teachers Without Borders Peace Education Teacher Development Program supports teachers in expanding their peacemaking capacities by giving them an easy-to-use, practical guide to peace education. Everyone can be a peace teacher!
The Teachers Without Borders Peace Education Teacher Development Program:
· introduces peace education theory to teachers.
· supports teachers in implementing peace education in their classrooms and schools.
· provides teachers with practical resources that they can start using immediately as a daily part of their classroom practice.
· presents easy-to-use and adaptable lesson plans for all developmental levels.
· contributes to the growing movement of education for a culture of peace.
This program provides teachers with the strategies, basic tools, and techniques for putting peace education into action. For those who are new to peace education, it serves as a thorough introduction. For teachers who are familiar with peace education, that it will expand your knowledge and build upon your current classroom practices. We hope you will join us in bringing peace education to classrooms and communities throughout the world!