By fundsforngos, on October 27th, 2010
The Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is accepting applications for the International Development Fellows Program (IDFP). IDFP is an opportunity to increase overseas experience and gain exposure to various programs of CRS. It is best suited for people who are interested in a career in international relief and development. The fellowships can also lead to regular positions at CRS.
The goal of the IDFP is to place Fellows in positions where they can draw on their previous education and work experience, while broadening their skills. Fellows can be placed in different countries where CRS is working and they get opportunities to work on focal areas of agriculture, health, peacebuilding, education, microfinance, social assistance or a combination of these.
* Graduate degree in a field relevant to international development or a Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of international development/management experience.
* Professional proficiency in French, Spanish, Arabic, or Portuguese. French preferred.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
* At least 6 months overseas work or volunteer experience in a developing country OR significant domestic community development experience in addition to time spent overseas.
* Strong cross-cultural skills with the ability to adapt to the local culture.
* Ability to operate effectively in a stressful, fast changing environment where security could change unexpectedly.
* Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills and strong analytical skills.
* Interest in a career in development or emergency relief with Catholic Relief Services
* Commitment to CRS Principles
* Desire to work for a faith-based organization.
Benefits for the Program include stipend, cost of living adjustment, housing, transportation to and from the country of assignment, medical evacuation coverage, vacation and insurance (medical, life, travel, accident and personal/household effects).
Applications have to be submitted online by visiting the CRS website. The deadline to apply is 6 December 2010.
cross posted from Funds for NGOs