The primary audience for the Online Global Health Course includes physicians and other health care providers working in immigrant, refugee, and travelers' health and tropical medicine.
Detailed information regarding the Online Global Health Course is now available on the Global Health web site at:
UNIQUE ONLINE GLOBAL HEALTH COURSE FEATURES:
* The Online Global Health Course is the first ASTMH approved course with an online component that satisfies ASTMH content requirement for the CTropMed®.
* All lectures are given by regional, national, and international content experts from Minnesota, the CDC, and numerous nonprofit organizations.
* The Online Global Health Course focuses on the health of mobile populations such as immigrants and refugees.
* The Online Global Health Course includes a module on disaster response preparation.
* The Online Global Health Course includes training in the use of ultrasound in the diagnosis of tropical diseases.
ONLINE GLOBAL HEALTH COURSE OBJECTIVES:
* Reduce disparities in health care outcomes for globally-mobile populations (e.g. immigrants, refugees, international adoptees/orphans, and travelers).
* Provide the most current and relevant training and support for those who are committed to "Global Health".
* Inspire practicing clinicians, residents, and students to provide services in communities that are underserved.
Course participants may register for the Online Global Health Course now via the UMN Continuing Medical Education office:
For optimal viewing of our web site, please download a free copy of Mozilla Firefox.
University of Minnesota-Department of Medicine
Global Health Pathway and Global Health Course
"Medical Education in the Global Village"
PWB 14-100, MMC 284
420 Delaware Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455