Head of Program: Peter Rees, Bojana Perisic
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cultural Diplomacy in Europe: A Forum for Young Leaders (CDE) is a network of young, influential people from across the world, who have an interest in exploring and strengthening relations between European States. The program is based on the recognition that the increasing economic and political integration of the European Union must be accompanied by sustained activity to ensure that public opinion and relations between individual member states, and between member-states and non members states, remain positive and constructive at the grass roots level.
Individuals can join the CDE Forum by taking part in one of the CDE Weeklong Seminars, which are held in Berlin every 4 months. Each CDE Weeklong Seminar will be focused on a specific theme related to Europe and the goals of the Forum. These Weeklong Seminars include lectures, seminars, and workshops lead by experts from the fields of politics, academia, and civil society, as well as cultural and social activities and provides an opportunity to network and experience Berlin.
Once they have joined the CDE Forum, members are supported by the ICD in organizing leadership initiatives, conducting academic research, and are invited to join the ICD Online Forum - enabling them to share information and communicate with likeminded individuals across the world.
Joining the Forum
Cultural Diplomacy in Europe: A Forum for Young Leaders (CDE) is open to all individuals with an interest in international affairs in general, and Europe in particular.
To join the forum you must take part in one of the CDE Weeklong Seminars, which will be held every 4 months in Berlin. The next CDE Weeklong Seminar will run from 4th - 8th January 2011. If you would like to be considered for a place in the Weeklong Seminar please complete the online application form.
The Forthcoming Weeklong Seminar for "Cultural Diplomacy in Europe: A Forum for Young Leaders" (CDE) will take place in Berlin from 4 th - 9th January 2010 and will focus on the following theme:
Europe in the Year 2030: "Digital Technology, Active Citizenship, and the Society of the Future"
The process of German reunification two decades ago had a profound impact on global politics and paved the way for the emergence of the Europe we recognise today. As the world looks back and reflects on the events of this time, the ICD will take the opportunity to look forward: to the Europe of 2030.
In addition to looking in greater detail at the history and development of cultural diplomacy, the forthcoming CDE Weeklong Seminar will therefore ask the question "What will Europe look like in 2030?" The question will not only be considered from a political perspective, but also from cultural and societal viewpoints: Two focal points of the program will be the increasing influence of digital technology and the internet in our daily lives, and the concept of active citizenship as it relates to Europe.
The forthcoming CDE Weeklong Seminar will look in detail at the following issues:
* The Future of EU Foreign Policy over the next two decades (Focus: the Political, Economic and Cultural Dimensions of EU Foreign Policy)
* Foreign Policy Strategies of European States in 2030: The Role of Soft Power, Cultural Diplomacy, and National Brands
* The Political Composition of the EU in 2030 (Focus: New Members, Former Members)
* The Euro as Global Actor in 2030 (Focus: Democracy, Human Rights, Climate Change)
* The Process of European Integration over the Coming Two Decades: Case Studies of the Euro and Schengen
* The Role of Digital Technology in the Societies of the Future: Social Networks, 24 Hour News, and Online Business
* European Civil Society and the Promotion of Active Citizenship: Challenges and Opportunities
* Globalisation, Regionalism, and the Erosion of Sovereignty: Relevance and Progress in 2030
* The History and Development of Cultural Diplomacy and its Practical Application Across Europe Today
* Civil Society, the Private Sector, and National Governments: How will they Work together in the Future?