The University of Minnesota's Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) presents:
Global Discovery Symposium: Emerging Markets--Opportunities and Challenges
Friday, February 11, 2011, 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Carlson School of Management, Minneapolis, Minnesota
The Global Discovery Symposium is your opportunity to join business leaders, academics, and MBA students in an engaging discussion on how to conduct business effectively in emerging markets.
Historically, firms in emerging markets grow faster in times of stability and waver more in times of crisis. To maximize the opportunities for business and trade in these markets requires a smart commitment to platforms, products, and people. The Global Discovery Symposium will address how to excel in emerging markets through presentations by and discussions with MBA students who have recently returned from visits to Chile, China, and Turkey. You will also gain insight on how emerging market companies start and flourish in Silicon Valley.
Join us to learn:
* Risk and alternative perspectives
* Innovation and emerging market examples
* Governance and the role of civilian and non-governmental organizations
You will benefit from attending if:
* Your company already operates in or serves international markets
* You're exploring business opportunities in these regions of the world
* You want insight beyond what you can read or research independently
To learn more about CIBER, please visit carlsonschool.umn.edu/ciber.