Dates: Monday 20th - Friday 24th June 2011
Venue:National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Ireland
This annual IHRN training programme aims at enhancing the skills of justice sectorpersonnel, consultants, managers etc, in applying Human Rights BasedApproaches to Justice Sector Reform. The programme is designed for peopleworking in the justice sector (with state or non state institutions) orundertaking Rule of law/Governance assignments (eg UN, EC FrameworkContract Lot 7 - Governance and Home Affairs) as well as justice sectorpersonnel wishing to adapt their expertise for international consultancywork.
Knowledge and skills enhanced include:
* The legal principles, policies & practice underpinning human rights basedapproaches to justice sector reform
* The inter-linkages betweenjustice sector roles (law enforcement, judiciary,corrections/rehabilitation, etc)
* The relationship between thejustice sector and related terms; 'security sector', 'rule of law', 'goodgovernance'
* Human Rights Based needs assessment, programme design,implementation, as well as monitoring & evaluation
* Programmingtools & checklists (including benchmarks & indicators of humanrights change)
* Case studies from national contexts as well asinternational field missions (including conflict and post-conflict)
*Teamwork, advocacy, strategic partnerships and consulting opportunities
Further information and application details can be found at thefollowing