Key member of the Development Department team assigned with supporting the fundraising goals of the Department through the execution of four essential functions of the department: Gift Processing, Database Management, Donor/Donor Prospect Research and Stewardship, and Administrative Support.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
Gift Processing/Database Management
* Process all gifts to the organization through Raiser's Edge; reconcile all donations with the Finance Department.
* Update donations on contribution spreadsheet to be used by Development team.
* Input all gifts in database and assign specific cost center.
* Mail all necessary tax/thank you/reminder letters for all donations and pledges weekly.
* Create updated thank you letter templates and specialized letters.
* Meet with members of Program team regularly to gather information for thank you letters and donor update letters.
* Coordinate the department's donor and donor prospect database.
* Update donor/prospect database on a continual basis with relevant information from the Development and other departments as well as with information that other stakeholders deem important.
* Create and maintain donor files in the database. Continually clean up the database as directed by the Development Department.
* Prepare and extensively revise mailing lists for newsletter, appeals, annual reports, event invitations, major/principal gifts reports, and other regular mailings.
* Support Development Department in developing and executing written annual program appeals: new appeal pieces, renewal pieces, targeted pieces and new acquisition pieces, utilizing current data for improved return.
* Track appeal income and share information with the Development Department in order to determine best practices.
* Train Development Department staff and others in use of donor database system.
* Responsible for strategic and analytical prospect research.
* Research, compile and/or draft background information on individuals, corporations and foundations utilizing a variety of print and online resources.
* Disseminate fundraising and donor/prospect-related information to, but not limited to, the Development Department, Organization's President, Board of Directors and the Organization's Executive Leadership Team
* Manage the annual and special online and print subscriptions.
* Develop and manage stewardship system for all donors and where appropriate, donor prospects. Work with the Development Department and appropriate program officers to strategize, develop and then provide top notch stewardship reports to donors and donor prospects.
General Development Department Support
* Support Development team in event planning, execution and follow up.
* Assist Development team with execution of existing and new donor cultivation tools (i.e., donor project trips, community meetings).
* Coordinate with other members of Development team and Event Consultants on third party and special events, specifically Hands Across Borders.
* Manage PCI's participation in workplace campaigns (i.e., ICA, CFC, United Way)
* Track inventory and order supplies for direct mail and Development office needs.
* Provide receptionist relief on regular rotation.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field or technical training and 3 additional years of relevant work experience.
* Proficiency in donor database management, specifically experience working with Raiser's Edge or similar database.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* A thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Candidate must possess strong organizational skills; be proactive; and possess the ability to work independently handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced, professional environment, with attention to detail.
* Candidate must have confidence and experience in working with a team and senior management.
No relocation offered
How to Apply:
Email resume to email@example.com; include "Donor Relations Coordinator" in the subject header. Please visit www.pciglobal.org for more information on this position and to view our other worldwide employment opportunities. PCI is an equal opportunity employer.
About Project Concern International:
Founded in 1961, PCI is an international development and humanitarian assistance organization dedicated to promoting community health and integrated development worldwide. PCI is headquartered in San Diego, CA, and currently operates in 16 countries in Asia, Africa, and the Americas. Sectoral focus areas include: humanitarian assistance and disaster risk management; health and nutrition; water and sanitation; food and livelihood security; and disease prevention and mitigation. With a FY11 operating budget of $34 million, PCI serves 4.5 million people annually.