Upcoming opportunities in Minnesota
* Oxfam staff will be in the Twin Cities area March 3-5. Email me at email@example.com to set up a visit to your campus.
* The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities campus is hosting an Oxfam America Hunger Banquet on March 4 at 6pm. Special guest speaker: Congresswoman Betty McCollum.
* Oxfam's student leadership training initiative - CHANGE - is currently accepting applications.
Oxfam America is accepting applications for the CHANGE Initiative, Oxfam's national student leadership and organizing program. We are seeking your support to spread awareness among student leaders on your campus about this opportunity. CHANGE offers college students, at US based campuses, entering their sophomore or junior year the opportunity to become effective agents for social change.
* Connect with Oxfam staff and have access to expert skills based training, resources, materials and year-round support;
* Engage in community service & advocacy efforts that address critical community needs;
* Find their own leadership identity;
* Develop confidence and the skills to effect positive, lasting social change, and
* Are part of an active and growing, global network of peers and alumni working on social justice issues.
Applications are due on April 1, 2011. Selected students participate in a week-long training in Boston, July 23-29, 2011, which is organized and paid for by Oxfam. Students must agree to join or form an Oxfam Club and implement an Oxfam campaign on campus during the 2011-12 academic year, as well as communicate regularly with Oxfam staff about their work.
Please feel free to share this information in departmental newsletters or listservs and encourage students you know to apply. Watch our CHANGE video at: http://www.oxfamamerica.org/change. If you have any questions please call 1-800-77-OXFAM ext. 9415 or email CHANGE(at)oxfamamerica.org.
Youth Engagement Intern