Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 90 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $124 million.
Deputy Chief of Party/Operations Manager, Nepal
We are currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded, multiyear Partnerships for Local Development project in Nepal. This program will target six districts in the East and will focus on strengthening these communities to better direct their own local development through 1) stabilizing initiatives that facilitate enabling environments; 2) building capacity to identify and have access to resources to engage in participatory activities, 3) supporting new local government units in the targeted communities to function effectively. This position is contingent on ACDI/VOCA being awarded the program.
* Support the Chief of Party in attaining project goals and objectives by providing technical advice, implementation support and direction when appropriate.
* Contribute to the cross-cutting goals of the program, including overseeing local procurement and grants administration, and working effectively with a variety of local partners in fluid, conflict-affected settings.
* Oversee day-to-day planning, design and operations of project and subaward technical teams to ensure effective project implementation in multiple program areas simultaneously.
* Financial management of the project including budgeting, tracking, reporting and accounting of finances and procurement.
* Manage the project's grants systems and commodity management scheme.
* Minimum of seven years' experience in project implementation and management of good governance or community development assistance programs in developing or transitional countries.
* The DCOP/Operations Manager must have at least two technical area specialties appropriate to the activity (community stabilization, community development, alternate dispute resolution, decentralization, local governance) as she/he will be responsible for technical program development as appropriate.
* Minimum five years of experience in grant management, particularly in-kind and small grants.
* Demonstrated history of providing highly effective technical and managerial leadership on sizable projects/programs (>$15 million).
* Must have experience in logistics and procurement procedures, particularly in commodity management and tracking systems.
* Demonstrated experience with USAID regulations, procedures, protocols and reporting requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to manage programs in an unstable environment due to post-conflict, developing, civil unrest and evolving political process.
* M.S., M.B.A., or other post-graduate degree in economics, business administration or other relevant technical fields.
* Fluency in English is required, fluency in Nepali preferred.
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55C6D361D43515B7E59192F7755196F0D62774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.