Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 93 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $124 million.
Program Officer, Tajikistan
We are currently seeking a Program Officer for the USAID-funded five-year Productive Agriculture Project in Tajikistan (PRO-APT). The project is designed to assist farmers in Tajikistan in increasing the productivity of non-cotton crops and facilitate growth of private sector agribusiness in Sughd and western Khatlon regions and the districts surrounding Dushanbe. The Program Officer will assist in directing and implementing efficient management processes, operations, reporting and financial systems for the project and will be responsible for the overall operations management and administration of the project. He/she will also assist in overseeing M&E activities developed in consultation with project stakeholders.
* Supervise program operations and provide assistance to ensure that project targets, objectives and goals laid out in the PRO-APT contract and work plans are achieved.
* Coordinate with the COP on a regular basis to discuss program accomplishments, activities, and potential issues, and to ensure synergy, coordination, and compliance with ACDI/VOCA and USAID policies and procedures.
* Oversee and maintain all basic administrative systems for the project, including information resources, general filing, electronic filing, contracts and leases, travel, subscriptions, insurances, etc.
* Assist with the preparation of written reports to USAID and ACDI/VOCA headquarters in Washington including monthly, quarterly, annual, and final reports.
* Assist the Grants Manager in development and monitoring of all grant and subcontract implementation.
* Ensure compliance with ACDI/VOCA and USAID regulations in all administrative, contractual, and procurement activities.
* Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
* Supervise collection of indicator and supporting data for program monitoring and include it in reporting to USAID.
* Minimum of a bachelor's degree (master's preferred) in a related field, including business, finance, development economics, Russian area studies, development and social change, and community-based economic development.
* Minimum 4-5 years of project operations management experience preferred, including a minimum of 2 years of international development experience.
* Previous USAID experience is required.
* Experience working in the NIS region preferred.
* Proficiency in Tajik and/or Russian is strongly preferred.
* Strong written and oral proficiency (native-level) in English is required.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/internationaljobs. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.