Dance 4 Peace (http://www.dance4peace.org) is an innovative, global nonprofit that uses dance to inspire youth to be leaders and peacemakers in their communities.
Apply by sending an email to move(at)dance4peace.org with subject line "US Program Manager - Your Name", resume, and a letter to us describing why you want to join our D4P team.
We are a fast-paced educational nonprofit that began in Bogota, Colombia during a dancer's Fulbright Scholarship and now have programs in Colombia, Nepal, New York City, the Philippines, and Washington, DC. Our mission is to promote social and emotional learning skills in youth in a global context in order to prevent school violence and bullying and to build conflict resolution competencies and communities of peace.
Dance 4 Peace was recently awarded a Cordes Fellowship at the Opportunity Collaboration and named a Youth Leader by the Inter-American Development Bank. We are building a movement of intercultural exchange in peacebuilding and violence prevention through dance. Dance 4 Peace hubs share best practices in conflict resolution and social and emotional learning as part of the global PeaceMover network. Our program is creative, dynamic, completely movement-based and evaluated, and adaptable to specific cultures, communities and contexts. We envision a world where creative movement redefines how we build cultures of peace in schools.
We are a small team with big plans. This is a perfect role for an individual looking to make a dramatic difference in their community, gain exceptional work experience as a part of an intimate, high-caliber team, and play an influential and exciting role in the building and expansion of our program.
* The ability to spend your time on high-impact work that is already defining the future of movement-based peace education
* A fun, talented team that empowers you and gives you the freedom to be creative and help shape the organization
* Full-time salary + benefits
Responsibilities may include:
* Leading U.S. partnership development with new schools and community centers in Washington, DC and NYC
* Collaborating with relevant constituents in the region to ensure successful implementation of Dance 4 Peace curriculum
* Facilitating professional development and trainings for PeaceMover facilitators
* Visiting and observing classrooms to improve PeaceMover capabilities
* Revising curriculum and supporting curriculum development and expansion
* Tracking metrics and communicating impact
* Managing communication with stakeholders in the community
* Organizing and facilitating fundraising activities, with support from the broader team
* Identifying and helping apply for grants
* Coordinating ad-hoc tasks and projects as needed
* A desire to use creativity and movement to affect social change
* 1-5 years of work experience. Experience in a high caliber teaching or education role (e.g., TFA) and experience living or working in a developing country (e.g., Peace Corps) considered a plus
* Passion for and experience with the performing arts, specifically dance or musical theatre
* Flexibility in ambiguous and dynamically changing environments
* Entrepreneurial and "can-do" attitude. A love for tackling tough problems and the confidence to solve them
* Strong monitoring and evaluation skills
* Technology proficiency, including the use of Google Docs, Salesforce, and social media
* Great enthusiasm to try new methods and chart new waters
* Distinctive interpersonal and communication skills
The ideal candidate has 1-5 years of work experience and is passionate about making a big difference in education and conflict resolution through dance and creative movement.
Roles and responsibilities will include numerous dynamic projects in an early startup environment, as assigned by the CEO. We are looking for people who can do anything, from choreograph a routine to work on a grant proposal, and are excited to take on any task.