UN Women Vietnam
Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
Closing date: June 17, 2011
UN Women Vietnam is looking for an International Consultant to provide Technical Assistance to the Department of Social Affairs (DSA) - National Assembly Office of Viet Nam on reviewing gender dimensions and make recommendations for amendments in three draft laws: Law on Water Resource, Law on University Education and Law on Advertising Activities.
The international consultant will work with the national consultants to provide technical assistance to the DSA on gender mainstreaming into above mentioned laws.
1. Bring international experience to analyze gender dimensions and identify gender gaps in these laws in the light of international treaties such as Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) and Beijing Platform for Action (BPFA) and other international commitments where it is relevant.
2. Develop her/his own three reports (separate report for each law) to analyze if gender dimensions are well integrated in the draft law and provide recommendations for the amendment of the three revised laws. The reports of the international consultant will provide inputs for the final reports of the consultant team which is led by a national consultant.
3. Meet with and present the draft reports to the Gender Equality (GE)/Gender Mainstreaming (GM) Sub-Working Group of the UN Gender Programme Coordination Group in Viet Nam and integrate comments from the GE/GM Sub-Working Group into the reports.
4. Prepare three presentations to provide gender inputs for the three laws.
5. Make presentations on the recommendations for gender inputs into the three laws at the national workshop organized by the National Assembly Office in Viet Nam. The location of the workshop will be decided by the DSA and UN Women in July 2011 (Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi).
6. Finalize the reports with comments received from the national conference, Department of Social Affairs and UN Women after the national conference.
Interested applicants are requested to submit to UN Women via email firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com
* Updated CV
* Proposed daily consultant rate
Interested applicants must also submit CV to http://unifembkk-roster.org
Closing time for applications is 5.00 PM (Hanoi time, GMT+7) on 17 June
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.