New Delhi, India.
Closing Date: June 30, 2011
PWESCR Internship Programme:
The PWESCR volunteer internship programme typically consists of a minimum of four consecutive months of work in the New Delhi, India office. The programme is mutually advantageous: interns gain valuable working experience and exposure to a wide range of international and regional women's human rights issues, while PWESCR benefits from the contributions of dedicated people and future leaders.
Responsibilities will include:
* Researching legal, social, and human rights issues;
* Writing or assisting in writing PWESCR's discussion papers;
* Supporting PWESCR's advocacy efforts;
* Contributing to various substantive projects undertaken by PWESCR programme staff;
* Coordinating with partner organizations and other relevant campaigns; and
* Assisting with administrative work in the office.
PWESCR works with all interns to ensure that they receive an experience that is relevant to their needs and interests.
PWESCR does not have paid internships and does not provide stipends for interns. Each intern is responsible for her or his own airfare and other transportation costs.
Lunch is provided for all interns and in addition, PWESCR has limited housing available for interns, which is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
* Demonstrated commitment to women's rights.
* Postgraduate degree in international relations, social sciences, economics, law, human rights, or women's studies.
* Applicants may also be currently enrolled in such a program.
* Commitment to at least four consecutive months of work.
* Note that PWESCR is willing to consider, on a case-by-case basis, summer or winter internships for a shorter period of time.
* Preference, however, will be given to applicants who can commit at least six months or longer, and then to those who can commit to at least four months.
* Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
* Knowledge of South Asian languages is an advantage.
* Excellent knowledge of the field of study or the sector in which you work, and a working understanding of the issues on which PWESCR focuses.
* Demonstrated ability to research effectively and think analytically (in English).
* Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to network and liaise in a diverse environment.
* Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team, take initiative, manage multiple and competing priorities, and handle detail-oriented projects.
* Efficiency, professionalism, and a desire to optimize learning are highly valued.
Interested applicants should submit the following:
* Cover letter Résumé
* One letter of reference (from an employer or professor)
* Two published or unpublished short papers written by the applicant discussing issues related to human rights, women's human rights, or socioeconomic justice.
Please send your application to below address before 30th June, 2011:
PWESCR, Internship Programme
DD-29 Kalkaji, 2nd Floor
New Delhi 110019 India
PWESCR is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from qualified women, minorities and South Asian diaspora.