Deadline: 20 August 2011. Interested candidates are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible before that date.
IW is also interested in hearing from candidates who may fulfill part of the person specification, and will consider both employment and consultancy arrangements.
VACANCY: DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands (other locations may be considered where long-distance working is feasible)
Contract: Full time
Remuneration: Competitive package, dependent on experience.
Duration: Permanent post, dependent on funding
Start Date: 15 September 2011, or as soon as possible thereafter.
About the organisation:
Impunity Watch (IW) is a Netherlands-based international non-profit group founded in 2008 to help societies emerging from a violent past shape how truth, criminal justice, reparations and non-recurrence are sought, with the overall goal of promoting a culture of human rights, participatory democracy and the rule of law. Its research-for-policy work began in 2005 within Dutch development organisation Solidaridad, and covers Europe, Central America and the Great Lakes of Africa.
IW seeks a dynamic fundraising professional, committed to a stronger democratic participation in human rights research and policy, to lead its development. The position demands strong leadership, organisational and interpersonal skills, and will offer a stimulating work environment within the field of international human rights protection.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Development Coordinator is responsible for fundraising, donor relationship and contract management, and facilitating the development and realisation of project, programme and organisational plans by IW's teams in the Netherlands, Guatemala and Burundi.
a. PROGRAMME & PROJECT DEVELOPMENT:
* Assisting and facilitating the design of new projects, with responsibility for bringing together and finalising narrative and financial documents for internal and external purposes;
* Pursuing opportunities for accessing funding for IW's work, including donor research, contacts and relationship-building;
* Presenting proposals for funding to donors, based on an agreed fundraising strategy, which will involve preparing appropriate narrative and financial documentation;
c. GRANT MANAGEMENT:
* Ensuring all grant obligations are understood by all relevant members of staff;
* Ensuring compliance with all grant contracts, through timely communications and reporting;
d. ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
* Maintaining a current, accurate analysis of IW's financial information, so as to inform fundraising strategy and comply with grant management requirements;
* General advice and assistance to the Director in relation to project and organisational development and performance.
* Degree or equivalent.
* At least three years' experience of raising funds for human rights, justice and/or rule of law projects;
* Demonstrable experience of creating fundraising strategies;
* Proven track record of meeting funding targets;
* Proven experience of writing project proposals.
* Proven experience of budgeting and complex budget analysis;
* Significant experience of managing donor relationships and contracts;
Knowledge, competencies and skills
* Excellent writing skills in English, with knowledge of how to meet the application requirements of governmental donors and private foundations
* Excellent numerical skills, with knowledge of different approaches to budgeting and budget analysis, and the issues facing an international organisation with offices in different countries;
* Some knowledge of global transitional justice/ conflict/ civil society development issues, and the ability to acquire new knowledge quickly;
* Ability to clearly and effectively conceptualise, plan, communicate and execute ideas;
* Ability to engage well with culturally-diverse colleagues, and lead team efforts to produce successful results to target;
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with a range of donor and partner organisations;
* Well-developed IT skills, particularly in using excel to develop and manage complex budgets.
Please submit a current resume and short cover letter describing suitability for the post and motivations for applying to annet.vanoffenbeek(at)impunitywatch.org.
crosslisted from Peace and Collaborative Development Network