Please submit a cover letter and resume to pcdninternship(at)gmail.com by August 10; Candidates will be interviewed by phone the week of August 15-19;
Must be available for a two hour virtual training sometime during the week of August 22-26.
Internship: September 1 - December 20
Hours: 5-10 per week
Call for Fall interns to assist in managing the Peace and Collaborative Development Network.
The Peace and Collaborative Development Network (PCDN) is a free professional networking site that works to foster dialogue and sharing of resources in international development, conflict resolution, gender mainstreaming, human rights, social entrepreneurship and related fields. PCDN seeks to create horizontal networking and information sharing for individuals and groups around the world. Members can chat with each other, create blogs, add to discussion topics, and share current research, experiences and challenges from the field. The Network currently has over 21,000 members and is receiving 300,000+ hits a month.
Outreach and Communication Interns would gain experience working on one of the largest networking sites in the field, have the opportunity to develop their own interests and specialty in the field by conducting interviews, researching and writing resource guides, and keeping a weekly blog. Interns should preferably be undergraduate or graduate students, although professionals will be considered. Internship is unpaid.
· Posting opportunities- including: fellowship/scholarship opportunities, information about relevant academic programs, training opportunities, news about new publications (policy and/or academic), questions about new or ongoing research projects, discussion of conflict regions, videos and photos, and more
· Resource Guides- update current ones & write at least two original Guides on a key theme in the field.
· Contributing to the Interview with Practitioners section
· Blogging weekly- topics related to peace, conflict resolution, or development
· Assisting with outreach and PR efforts
Possible Additional Responsibilities:
· Assisting with online contests
· Book reviews
· Other tasks as agreed