The certificate program involves a 20-week commitment that includes online orientation, onsite learning in Canada, an international placement, and engagement with a mentor and a global network of other women leaders.
For more information, application process and scholarships, please click here or e-mail: womenlead(at)stfx.ca
Call For Applications: International Centre For Women's Leadership: Global Change Leaders
Source: COADY, St. Francis Xavier University
In 2011-2012, the International Centre for Women's Leadership is launching the Global Change Leaders program - an inaugural certificate course for emerging women leaders in development. Deadline for applications: September 1, 2011.
Through campus-based education, field placements, mentorships and online platforms the program will:
1. Enable a new generation of women to strengthen their leadership capacities to ignite unparalleled change at the community, national and international levels.
2. Build a global network of pioneering women leaders who together are able to accelerate innovation and achieve extraordinary impact.
Learning themes are grounded in real world experiences and include topics such as: transformative leadership concepts, practical leadership skills, citizen-led and asset-based development, and oral and written communications in the post-print era.
The overall Program Objective is to enable Global Change Leaders to take on more powerful and dynamic leadership roles. Specific outcomes for participants include:
* Practical understanding of leadership concepts and application within their own context
* Enriched knowledge and experience in essential leadership skills
* Expertise in organizational learning and change management
* Strengthened capacity to realize sustainable, citizen-led and asset-based development
* Effective and compelling oral and written communications, and presentation skills
* Ability to apply strategies and tools that underpin innovative social and economic initiatives
* Active participation in a global network of like-minded women leaders