Last date for submission of applications is October 10, 2011
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Pisa, Italy is currently seeking applications for the Ph.D. Program in "Politics, Human Rights and Sustainability", which is a three-year residential fellowship program, from non-EU citizens.
The program is characterized by an interdisciplinary approach to the subject and by the emphasis placed on current problems defining the protection and promotion of human rights.);
- Identity, rights and conflicts in the political theory;
- Conflict and political systems in international relations;
- International and European political economy;
- Institutions and mechanisms for protecting Human rights: outlines of International Law;
- Rights and social capital in the regional development policies;
- Agrarian Law, Environmental Law and Sustainable Development of the land.
- Applicants must hold a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or a Master of Arts (M.A.) degree or equivalent title;
- they should not be older than 35 years on October 10, 2011; older than 35 may be exceptionally admitted by the Examination Committee;
- they must hold of an internationally acknowledged certificate specifying their intermediate level English knowledge.
Positions and grants
- 3 positions with 3 fellowships (amounting to € 14.500 per year + free meals at school's canteen + Campus facilities).
- The School may also admit 1 eligible candidate without grants or other financial support
Beginning of the PhD Program
The PhD Program will start on January 19, 2012.