TITLE: Project Director
LOCATION: Cairo, Egypt
DIVISION: Education Programs Division
REPORTS TO: Director, Education Programs Division
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing leadership and innovative programs to improve the quality of education, strengthen independent media, and foster pluralistic civil society development.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $60 million and a staff of 500 professionals worldwide. IREX and its partner IREX Europe deliver cross-cutting programs and consulting expertise in more than 100 countries.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
IREX seeks candidates for a Project Director position to work on a career development centers program in Egypt. The Project Director will maintain overall responsibility for meeting program objectives and will be based in Cairo with periodic travel to the regions likely. The position is contingent on funding.
This position is open to Egyptian nationals.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide vision and strategic direction for the program
- Develop and implement a plan of activities to meet program objectives
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with local stakeholders
- Serve as primary liaison with donor(s)
- Manage and mentor project staff
- Coordinate with home office
- Oversee project budgeting and ensure budget discipline
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation and reporting on program activities
- Leadership experience in organizational capacity development
- Professional experience in career center development preferred
- Experience working within the Egyptian higher education field and/or the Egyptian business sector strongly preferred
- Experience managing donor-funded activities required; USAID experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff, manage budgets and plan strategically and creatively to meet specified objectives
- Strong representational and organizational skills required
- Ability to function professionally and effectively in verbal and written English required
- Arabic language proficiency preferred
Please click "apply for this job" button to apply. Please supply a resume, cover letter, and three-year salary history when applying.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Teresa Pritchett, Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
2121 K Street NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20037
Phone: 202 628 8188 ext. 150 Fax: 202 628 8189
sent by Lynne R. Schuman
Director of Career Services
Humphrey School of Public Affairs
University of Minnesota