Position: Program Officer Intern
Internship Location: Minnetonka , MN
About Shelter For Life: Shelter for Life is 27-year-old faith-based humanitarian aid non-profit; currently managing programs in: Afghanistan, Sudan, Liberia. Learn more about us at: www.shelter.org, and also on our Facebook page.
The Program Officer Intern position has been established to support the efforts of program development at SFL. The primary responsibilities of the Program Officer are to engage in program research, planning, proposal writing, external representation, and program monitoring.
The Program Officer Intern shall be responsible for the following tasks:
1. Assist in the preparation, design and writing of funding proposals both for the government and non-government institutions
2. Assist in researching funding opportunities relevant to the achievement of SFL program objectives.
3. Provide planning documents and recommendations to HQ as requested.
4. Develop promotional materials including hand-outs and PowerPoint presentations.
5. Represent the work of SFL to current or potential donors, partners and beneficiaries.
6. Insure that no legally-binding program commitments or obligations are made without the knowledge and consent of SFL HQ.
1. Currently in an undergraduate program in non-profit, international relations, public affairs.
2. Excellent command of skills in report writing, researching, planning, organizing, coordinating, and communicating.
3. Understanding of issues and programs in humanitarian operations, including complex emergencies, displaced populations, community development and economic development, shelter solutions, infrastructure and construction activities, and social/educational issues in the context of settings in the developing world.
4. Excellent written and oral English skills with the ability to work productively within deadlines.
5. Ability to act confidently and self-motivate.
6. Ability to work as a part of a team.
7. Willingness to subscribe to SFL's faith-based ethos.
8. Willingness to complete other tasks as assigned.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Marguerite at: marguerite(at)shelter.org.