The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) is a global research institute which works to empower women, advance gender equality, and fight poverty in the developing world. ICRW works with partners to conduct empirical research, build capacity, and advocate for evidence-based practical solutions to change policies and programs. ICRW is currently seeking a Stata research consultant to start immediately and who will be available for approximately 40 days between now and mid-June. S/he will be primarily responsible for conducting data preparation and advanced statistical analysis of survey data using Stata software. The ideal candidate will be located in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota, but candidates in other locations will also be considered.
• Use Stata to run descriptive statistics and advanced multivariate statistical analysis (fixed and/or random effects models) using Stata software;
• Prepare tables and graphs using Stata and Excel;
• Other tasks as assigned.
We seek a consultant in demography, sociology, public affairs, economics, public health, or related discipline. Candidates require the following skills:
• High level of proficiency with Stata software and statistical analysis. Applicants without Stata experience and strong quantitative skills will not be considered. Experience with fixed and random effects models strongly preferred.
• Demonstrable proficiency in and experience with the management and analysis of complex survey data using Stata.
• High degree of initiative and proactive responsibility, including the ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability and judgement to be inventive, yet careful and thorough in manipulating raw data.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong verbal communication skills; fluency in English.
• Access to a computer with a recent version of Stata installed.
• Desired, but not required: Familiarity with Demographic and Health Surveys; knowledge of Egypt.
• The ideal candidate will be located in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota, but candidates in other locations will also be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest summarizing their background and experience with statistical analysis (including specific kinds of models), data management, and Stata software; curriculum vitae; and the contact information for three (3) references who can attest to their statistical analysis and Stata skills to, and expected consultancy rate to jobs(at)icrw.org with "Stata Consultant" in the subject line. Screening of applicants will continue until the consultancy is filled. Quantitative Research Consultant - posting.doc
Susan M. Lee-Rife, PhD, MHS
Consulting Social Demographer
International Center for Research on Women
1120 20th Street NW, Suite 500 North
Washington, DC 20036
tel. 202.629.6350 fax. 202.797.0020