The M&E Intern (Liberia) will provide support for monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of our Liberian portfolio. The purpose of this position is to help SFL gather data on the progress made with the project in terms of quantitative data, human impact stories, and challenges/lessons learned. This information will be used as content for SFL project portfolios and the website. The main functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
Interviewing field staff and project beneficiaries about project impact.
Assisting Grant Manager with loan portfolio.
Documenting primary source responses.
Collaborating with field staff as translators.
Undertaking observational and ethnographic research of activities.
Identifying interviewees and arranging meetings.
Writing and editing reports and/or press releases of findings.
Taking photos of relevant activities.
Collecting project data and log into database.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor- or graduate-level degree in international affairs, development, journalism or ethnography.
- Experienced in reporting.
- Strong understanding of quantitative/qualitative data, collection and statistics.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and database development.
- Versatility and flexibility to work in challenging conditions, whether it be cultural, environmental or organizational.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English.
- Written and spoken skills in language other than English is an asset but not required.
- Non-profit / NGO experience an asset but not required.
- Strong social and networking skills.
- Previous international experience required.
- Experience in photo-journalism an asset.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of SFL and compliance with faith-based work ethic.
-Housing (shared) accommodation, food allowance.
-Medical and evacuation insurance.
About the Company:
The Mission of Shelter for Life International is to demonstrate God's love by enabling people affected by conflict and disaster to rebuild their communities and restore their lives. SFL's vision is to be a leading international Christian humanitarian organization enabling poor and suffering people affected by conflict and disaster to rebuild their communities and restore their lives through appropriate shelter and community development programs. Our holistic, community-based programs benefit the neediest and the most vulnerable. We currently operate projects in: Afghanistan, Liberia, Sudan.
To learn more about Shelter For Life by visiting our website at: www.shelter.org
Click here to apply.