3FP Fund Manager
Location: New York, NY
Closing Date: Open until filled
Based in New York City with regular travel to Afghanistan, Haiti, Timor Leste, Liberia and other field sites.
This post will oversee the launch of Building Markets' new Factor Finance for Procurement (3FP) Fund. The 3FP project is structured like a private equity fund, albeit one that will be operating in some of the worldʼs most difficult places. The $30m fund will provide loan guarantees to assist entrepreneurs using a factor finance model. The project was recently awarded the G20 SME Finance Challenge Prize in Seoul Korea by President Obama and has the potential to significantly improve growth in some of the worldʼs most difficult economies. In order to succeed, it needs a brilliant team leader who believes every problem has a solution.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Oversee up to 12 staff with 3-4 direct reports.
• Refine the business plan for the 3FP project in consultation with donors, investors, partner banks, and Building Markets' colleagues.
• Organize the project budget and staff resources to launch the project overseas.
• Organize legal and financial relationships with partner banks and investors.
• Direct the project team as they field test the underlying 3FP concepts and fine-tune the execution.
• Develop an impact monitoring methodology to test which operating model variants provide the greatest return on investment and local economic impact.
• Monitor the impact and returns of the project teams.
• Liaise with investors, donors, clients, and partner institutions.
Please send a short cover letter and CV to vacancies(at)buildingmarkets.org.