CMI is seeking a Project Manager (West Africa) to be based in Brussels for more info see http://www.cmi.fi/vacancies.html
CMI (Crisis Management Initiative) is an independent, non-governmental organization whose mission is to resolve conflicts and build sustainable peace. The organization is incorporated in Finland, Belgium and the United States and has field offices in the Middle East, Africa, the Black Sea Region and Central Asia.
CMI's Africa Unit is looking to hire a Project Manager to be based at the CMI Brussels Office. The post involves frequent travel.
The Project Manager would have an overall responsibility for:
- management of the implementation of the West African Mediation Capacities project in close coordination with CMI's Dakar-based Mediation Adviser, including management of all project finance, budgets and expenditure;
- management of possible new initiatives, especially in Francophone West Africa, in close coordination with the Head of the Africa Unit and the Dakar-based Mediation Adviser;
- development of new initiatives for CMI jointly with CMI's West Africa team;
- management of relevant donor relations;
In addition, the Project Manager is from time to time expected to assist CMI's Africa-based teams to liaise with the European Union.
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- Master's degree or equivalent from a relevant field (e.g. Conflict Resolution, International Relations);
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in project management in the conflict resolution sector, preferably in or related to West Africa;
- Excellent managerial skills, systematic and participatory way of working and ability to get results together with the CMI team;
- Excellent budget management skills and motivation to work with numbers;
- Familiar with the political, cultural context and the peace and security architecture in West Africa;
- Experience of working with West African partners and in the region an added benefit;
- Fluent in French and in English. Working knowledge of Portuguese is considered an asset;
- Excellent networking skills, good judgment and cultural sensitivity;
- Commitment to the CMI principle of impartiality;
- Permit to work in the EU.
The selected candidate is expected to be able to begin work in September 2012. The duration of the contract is initially until the end of 2013, with a possibility of extension. The position is located at CMI's Brussels Office.
Please send a cover letter together with a full CV for your application, as well as salary expectation latest on 27 July, 2012 by email to applications(at)cmi.fi with a reference "Project Manager - West Africa".
You may contact Ms Gabrielle Priklopilova (gabrielle.priklopilova(at)cmi.fi), Coordinator, for more information on the selection process.
This material is cross-posted from the Peace and Collaborative Development Network, http://internationalpeaceandconflict.org