Layalina Productions Inc. produces informative, entertaining primetime television programs on leading television channels seen in the Middle East, North Africa, South Asia, and the United States. Its shows forthrightly address the most controversial issues affecting U.S. relations with the Islamic world and have reached tens of millions of viewers worldwide to great acclaim. Layalina is 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization that was launched in 2002 and is based in Washington, DC. Layalina recruits top talent from the U.S. and abroad. Its Academy and Emmy award-winning writers, producers, and directors work alongside Arab, American, and South Asian television broadcasters to ensure that its shows are topically substantive, culturally appropriate, and widely popular.
Layalina is seeking a Development Intern to receive training and hands-on experience in grant writing and television production development. Interns will leave with a complex understanding of technological media advancements, international media, television production, and public diplomacy efforts in the Muslim world. Interns who distinguish themselves in their duties will have the opportunity to interact with major media players, work in conjunction with Layalina's senior leadership, and receive production credit for their efforts. Interns that distinguish themselves may have the opportunity for compensation.
- Help develop production strategy and television projects.
- Help cultivate and maintain relationships with Layalina's media partners.
- Assist in coordination of Layalina's media efforts and strategy.
- Identify fundraising opportunities and work with Layalina staff to secure them. This includes drafting letters of inquiry, writing proposals, and working in close conjuction with Layalina's leadership to edit and improve on them.
- Assist in writing grant proposals and in coordinating fundraising outreach to foundations, corporations, and major media companies.
- Help coordinate all aspects of development, production and post-production of Layalina's ongoing television programs.
- B.A./B.S. degree preferred with a keen interest in international relations and development work.
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, mission-driven organization.
Please send resumé, cover letter, writing sample and a list of references by email to lstets(at)layalina.tv.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No calls please.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.