The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Sr. Research Assistant (SRA) for a one year, fixed-term, exempt, renewable appointment for its Development Strategy and Governance Division (DSGD). This position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, D.C.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
· Perform various tasks involving data collection, data maintenance, and data analysis using statistical software and other computer program
· Work intensively on data analysis of national household surveys, agricultural surveys, industrial surveys, and national and regional time series of agricultural production and trade data for African countries
· Perform literature review and synthesis
· Carry out strategic analysis of specific issues related to agricultural development, food security and poverty reduction in different sub-regions and countries of Africa
· Assist in the preparation of discussion papers, donors' reports, project briefs and briefing notes for dissemination
· Assist in organizing workshops
· Maintain websites of IFPRI research programs or projects
· Other duties as assigned
· Master's degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related field
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and produce completed products on time
· Strong English verbal and writing skills
· Demonstrated ability to conduct research
· Familiarity with popular software packages (Microsoft Office suite) and internet-based systems
· Strong interpersonal skills and a team oriented spirit; ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Familiarity with data management, processing, and analysis
· Experience using major statistical software packages such as STATA or SAS
Experience using mathematical programs such as GAMS
IFPRI is one of the international agricultural research institutes organized under the umbrella of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). The mandate of IFPRI is to identify and analyze alternative national and international strategies and policies for meeting world food needs in ways that conserve the natural resource base, with emphasis on low income and on the poorer groups in the countries.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We encourage women and developing country professionals to apply.
IFPRI Employees: Please send resume & cover letter via e-mail to Alma Lopez/Carla Tufano/Monica Dourado.
External Candidates: Go to www.ifpri.org . Click on "Careers" and then click on "Research" to link you to Position # 12-149 - Senior Research Assistant, DSG. Please complete on-line application, including a complete resume and a detailed letter of interest. Also complete section providing 3 references.
IFPRI VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT - Senior Research Assistant/DSGD
Melissa C. Mulrey Recruiter International Food Policy Research Institute
2033 K Street, NW Washington, DC 20006
Phone: (202) 862-8188 Fax: (202) 862-8187
Please visit our website at www.ifpri.org.