Applications for Global Youth Forum
For More Information, Please See: http://www.un-ngls.org/gyf/en/
GLOBAL YOUTH FORUM 4th - 6th OF DECEMBER 2012, Bali, Indonesia
Call for Applications
Youth at the heart of rights and development
Forty-three percent of the world's population is currently under 25. The number of young people is rising fastest in those parts of the world with the lowest economic growth. What does that mean for education, families, jobs, health and sustainability? How can civil society and international agencies work together to build a movement that will put youth interests at the heart of political debate and deliver sustainable results nationally and globally?
The ICPD Beyond 2014 Global Youth Forum aims to address these questions and represents the peak of efforts by UN agencies, young people and civil society to translate the participatory aspirations of the 1994 International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) into a sustainable youth advocacy network. Specifically, it seeks to tackle emerging issues and priorities for young people globally and ensure that these issues are central to the outcomes of the ICPD review process.
The Global Youth Forum is being delivered in full partnership with youth advocates and will bring together all stakeholders to make recommendations that will influence the global development agenda for the next 20 years. We intend to bring a diverse group of young people to the Global Youth Forum and especially encourage young people under the age of 24 to apply.
Criteria for applicants
- A leader, or emerging leader, currently working at national level in an area that contributes to ICPD Programme of Action?
- working in a paid or voluntary capacity for a civil society organisation engaged in policy development at national and local levels?
- working in a paid or voluntary capacity for organisations that have a demonstrable national and/or international reach and mandate;
- Able to demonstrate outstanding youth advocacy and networking capabilities with experience high level of achievement in these areas across a wide variety of environment s and;
- Below the age of 30
When considering candidates for the Global Youth Forum we take into account the following key knowledge, skills, awareness and values:
- a commitment to the values of the ICPD
- leadership experience;
- innovation in the arena of policy development and application;
- desire to contribute to and improve the leadership potential of the civil society sector;
- willingness to learn;
- eagerness to lead debate and discussions during the Global Youth Forum
- commitment to follow-up activities.
All participants must have a valid passport with a minimum of 1 year until expiry. While applicants under the age of 30 will be considered, we particularly encourage young people between the ages of 18 and 24 to apply.
This material is cross-posted from the Peace and Collaborative Development Network, http://internationalpeaceandconflict.org