November 30, 2005
Finals Study Tips Part 2
One way I remember things is to imagine what the topic reminds me of.
- If it's a word, I'll try and emember who said it so that I can constantly recognize what the word is.
- If it's a math subject, I'll relate it to a situation, like I want to paint my room but how much of an area to cover... things of that sort.
This works best for me because I am a visual person. The things that I learn in class, I have to look and see it in order for me to comprehend.
November 22, 2005
Study Tips Part.1
- Write out a plan of action
- Make sure you know what you are being tested on
- Set aside a block of time to study and make sure you take breaks
- Go somewhere you won't be distracted, turn off your cell phone
- Find a place you are comfortable in to study at, but not so comfortable
that you become tired and want to sleep
- Form a study group
November 20, 2005
How to post on the blog
If you would like to put it up on the blog yourself, here are the directions:
- Go to this address:
- Then click on the upper left hand corner that says "Login to your blog"
- Then type in your internet ID (a.k.a. X200), and password if asked
- Find the box that says "CLA 1001 SOCIETY & CULTURE/ COMMUTER SECTION"
- Click of "New Entry" which is located on the lower left hand corner of the little box.
- In the title box, type in a title that includes your name
- In the "primary category box" click on the down arrow and select "Finals Study Tips"
- In the "entry body section" tipe in the tip
- MAKE SURE you scroll all the way down and then hit "save"
- If you decide to hit preview, MAKE SURE you hit "save entry"
When do I do my tip?
Since finals are comming up, we want your study tips.
The following people will post a final study tip on the Blog, or e-mail it to me so that I can post it. It can be based on your experiences prepearing for test and midterms or based on something a professor or TA said.
- November 21: Dawn, Jamie C., and Meghan
- Novemeber 28: Issac, Kaolee, and Jessica
- December 4:Skylar, Marco, and Jamie K.