November 23, 2011
To: Members of the University Community
From: Rickey Hall, Assistant Vice President for Equity and Diversity
Subject: Input invited in search for new director of GLBTA Programs Office
I am pleased to announce the finalists for the Director position of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Ally Programs Office (GLBTA). Based on the search committeeâ€™s recommendations, the Office for Equity and Diversity has invited three candidates to campus for public interviews. The three candidates are:
- E. Frederic MacDonald-Dennis, former Interim Director of the Office of Multicultural Affairs at Haverford College. He has also been Associate Dean of Students and Director of Residence Life at the Art Institute of Philadelphia and Director of the Office of Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender Affairs at the University of Michigan.
- Matthew Antonio Bosch, Chief Diversity Officer at North Hennepin Community College. He has also been Apartment Coordinator at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities; and Residence Hall Director at Macalester College.
- Owen Marciano, Transfer Admissions Coordinator and Prospective Transfer Student Advisor in the College of Education and Human Development at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. Owen has also been Advising Specialist in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at the University of Kansas, and Assistant Director of the GLBTA Programs Office at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
During their time on campus, the candidates will participate in a public forum where each will provide a vision for a premier multicultural center at a large, urban, Research I institution. There will be a question-and-answer period following the presentation. These public forums are scheduled on the dates below:
- MacDonald-Dennis, 2-3pm, Thursday December 1, 335 Appleby Hall
- Bosch, 2-3pm, Tuesday December 6, 117 Appleby Hall
- Marciano, 10-11am, Wednesday December 7, 117 Appleby Hall
In addition to the public forums, the candidates will meet with the GLBTA staff, Office for Equity and Diversity (OED) directors, OED senior leadership, and students.
I invite those who are interested to meet each candidate during the public forums, to review the candidate's materials, and to provide your input by completing the evaluation form that will be available at each forum. Thanks in advance for your participation in this important search.
Assistant Vice President for Equity and Diversity
Office for Equity and Diversity
University of Minnesota
To ensure continued delivery, add email@example.com to your safe senders list or address book.
This email was sent by Office for Equity and Diversity at the University of Minnesota, 100 Church Street, Suite 432, Minneapolis, MN, 55455. To stop receiving this email communication, reply to this message, making sure to include the original message, and use "unsubscribe me" as the subject line.
The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
©2011 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.