Neurologist In the Making

Throughout the semester, I have always known which topic has interested me the most. So when we started to learn about the brain and it's interconnected neural pathways, I was more than excited.
brain.jpg
The brain will be the concept I remember in 5 years from now because that is what I want to deal with for the rest of my life. As a psychology major, I am moving pre-med for neurology and possibly neurosurgery. The brain and it's network just fascinates me, which is why I chose to go into this field. My aunt is a brain injury survivor, my grandpa passed years ago with Alzheimers, and my cousin has Autism. All these factors in my life have pushed me farther into my love for cognitive works, and farther into my goal for finding a cure. As a neurologist, I hope to study more and attempt to work in a laboratory to work towards a cure for Alzheimers or Autism, so no other family has to go through what I have.
brain2.jpg
In the future, I am destined to have more psychology classes through cognitive psychology and neuroscience, which is why I will remember it even past 5 years from now.
brain3.png

I really liked your post. My grandma also had alzheimers so I can realte a bit to how that feels. I think its a great motivation you have to study the complex works of the brain and try to bring solutions to the table for further generations.

I don't think that I will forget this subject either. As it is a really interesting topic, it also can be a tad confusing because there are just so many different parts to the brain, so it becomes a maze, better yet a network, of nerves connected to everything. I also know someone with Autism as well, and it is sad because they don't know what it is like to not be Autistic. Then again, we have no idea what it is like to not be what is considered normal. This is a really good post, good luck with your major and med school!