Chapter 5: Consciousness

Hello, Psych Discussion!!

The chapter that I am focusing on is all about the different forms of consciousness. It discusses sleep, dreams, drugs and other alternations of consciousness. I found many parts of this chapter to be interesting such as the various stages of sleep, sleepwalking, out-of-body experiences, and much more. However, two topics that I found particularly intriguing were lucid dreaming and déjá vu. The reason that I enjoyed reading about them so much was because they are both things that I have experienced for myself. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the terms, lucid dreaming means realizing that you are dreaming while you are asleep. Déjá vu is when you feel like you are reliving an experience that is new. I think that lucid dreaming is really cool because you can sometimes control what you are dreaming about or change certain aspects of your dreams. Here's a link to how to do it! (The lady seems kind of crazy, but whatever). Déjá vu is also really interesting because the sensation really feels like you have been in that situation before. I know that most of you have probably experienced this feeling before.

I hope you enjoy reading the chapter! :)
Alan Wallace - Lucid Dreaming And Meditation.jpg

dejavu.jpg