final blog---Oedipus complex

After the semester learning about psychology, I think the most impressive part may be the Oedipus complex. I think I will remember it at least five years from now. The term oedipus complex generally means the concentrate upon a boy's desire to sexually poccess his mother and kill his father.Also the oedipus complex occurs during the third stage of the development process which is called the phallic stage. It usually occurs to the children who are three to six years old and also during the formation of the ego. Thinking back to my childhood, I can feel a little bit of my thought about the issue. Actually, it proves that it is true. I am so amazed that children can develop those kind of thoughts in such a young age. While Sigmund Frued proposed that the Oedipus complex is psychologically universal, he generated the Fruedian psychology as well as the treating method. All in all, Frued contributed so much to the area of psychology and we should always memorize his contributions and great discoveries as well.
rjo0406l.jpg305px-Gustave_Moreau_005.jpg

I found this theory very interesting as well. Maybe kind of extreme considering I don't really think any of us really wanted to kill our opposite-sexed parent, but who can really remember back then.

I remember learning this subject back in high school and I always thought it was a little ridiculous. I don't like to think that I used to hate my mom. I do think it is a very interesting concept though and will always remember it.