The Light Rail

I had not ridden the Hiawatha light rail. I expected it to be relatively clean on the inside, but with a crowd that might be kind of "interesting." I have ridden on the transit system in Toronto, which was kind of cramped, so I expected the Hiawatha light rail to be somewhat like that.
I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and well kept the Hiawatha light rail is. There were people from all walks of life that took the light rail while I was on it. I took the light rail during the daytime on a weekday. It was a very enjoyable experience, and I definitely will take the light rail again.
I believe that the 28th Street station looks like a rugged, durable, yet "outdoorsy," nature area. It's a nice bit of less industrial looking space in and amongst so many warehouses. I feel that this light rail station is an example of sequestration because it is sequestered in and amongst all of the large, industrial warehouse buildings.

Light Rail 005.jpg

Here is a link to a site about Hiawatha Line extension to the Mall of America and Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport:

Posted by gree0700 at April 10, 2005 2:22 PM