Thank you Belinda!

Hey Belinda... I'm glad to hear that you had a good Thanksgiving. I'm sorry that I never got to come to Lincoln and meet you. I have been very busy this semester. I just got back from Hawaii on Saturday. My friend took me for my birthday. I am very glad that I have had the oppurtinity to get to know you. You seem like a very intelligent person Belinda. This will be the last time I get to write to you though. Just remember you can succeed whatever you put your mind to. Thank you so much for responding to me throughout all of this, you are a very kind and considerate person Belinda. Good luck in everything you do.

Posted by at 2:49 PM

Belinda

Hey Belinda... As of right now, I don't really have a favorite teacher. However, I really enjoy my Sociology class. In Sociology we learn about different cultures and problems that arise in different parts of the world. My teacher is very funny. He is probably about 5'3, has short dark hair, and wears glasses. The reason that I like him is because he is very easy going and he is very understanding of any problem that I may have. How are you liking school so far? I think that this year is going by very fast. Do you have a favorite band or music? I love listening to music. And how was your weekend? What did you do? Also, do you have any plans for Thanksgiving? Well I hope you have an awesome rest of the week Belinda...Hope to hear from you soon!

Posted by at 2:50 PM

Hey Belinda... For Halloween I went to Wisconsin to visit one of my friends that goes to college in Madison. You play a lot of sports, that's good to hear. Wow, first quarter is already over soon. School will fly by so fast, before it's done you wil wonder where all the time has gone. Trust me, I never believed it would fly by either until I was graduating from high school. If you want to know some tips for studying that may help you I could give you some. If you have a big project and you know when it's due, start right away and do a little at a time each day, it's a lot eaiser for you to do a little at a time than all at once. After you get done with your homework you should reward yourself. Go and play a sport or ask if you can hang out with one of your friends. The most important thing in getting good grades is to believe in yourself. Don't ever let anyone cut you down or call you names. Always believe in yourself. Sometimes if a person will tell me that I can't do something, I'll use it as motivation and how good it will feel to prove that person wrong. I hope you have a good week Belinda and I hope to hear from you soon!

Posted by at 3:04 PM

College Life

I think that college is something that has never slipped my mind about doing. It has always been a priority to me to get a higher education. I guess I have never really thinked twice about going to college... I guess you could say it was just expected of me to go. As of right now I am loving college. I have met so many friends that are a blast to hang out with. The work can be tough at times and it is very tmime consuming. One other thing that I have learned from college is that you have little free time because I am so busy whether I am doing homework, eating, or working out. I think it is just nice to be able to sit down and keep to yourself sometimes. One thing thing that I love about college is the atmosphere. I love meeting new people and I love knowing what's going. I think that college is something that I will for surely never regret going to. I am also spending my money on something that nobody can ever take away from me...an education.

Posted by at 2:58 PM

Lincoln

Hi Belinda.. What kind of sports do you play? I think that playing sports is a very fun and exciting activity to be involved in. You said that it is hard to concentrate in school because there are many students there. About how many students would you say are in your average class? Also, you rated your school a 5 which meaning it is in the middle to you. What are some things that you think the school could do to make it better for students such as yourself?

Posted by at 2:51 PM

Guest Speaker

I think that the guest speaker we had in class on Tuesday was very informational. She gave me insight to what it really is like at Willard. Especially coming from a teacher's point of view. I liked that she touched on many points that we were researching in class. I don't think that the school may seem as bad as it sometimes sounds to be. However, she did say that some problems we touched base with in class goes on at Willard. After hearing here speak to us I sort of get the feeling that I should re-do my paper just because some of what we were reading in class seems fictional. It seems like a typical elementary school with how the parents get involved. My elementary school had the same deal with the parents...There were some who were really involved in what their kids were doing and there were some that would be their for them half of the time and there were also the parents who would never be their...They would just be there to drop them off and pick them up.

Posted by at 11:30 AM

Lincoln Elementary Students

What's up everyone at Lincoln? My name is Matt Gregory and I am from a rural town about 45 minutes south of the cities called Belle Plaine. It is right next to Shakopee if any of you are familiar with that area. A couple things that you might want to know about me is that I am a student at the University of Minnesota and so far, it is an awesome experience that all of you should consider looking into. Also, I like to workout and I love watching and playing football. I was going to go to a smaller college and play but I thought that the U would be better for me. Family and friends are two of the things that I value most in life. Now I have a couple of questions about you... What do you guys do for fun? Whether at school or at home. Do you think it is hard to concentrate at school? If so, why and what distracts you? And on a scale from 1 to 10 where do you rate your happiness of attending Lincoln? 10 being you really like going here and 1 meaning you do not like it at all and you'd rather go to a different school.

Posted by at 3:34 PM

Corrections for our papers

I think that Tuesday's class period was very educational. The "five dollar" words lasted in my mind and I will think about this everytime I write an okay word in my papers. I think that once we get all these keys down and into our heads we will become much better writers than where we are at this point and time. I think that everyone has learned something from this experience. It doesn't take long to go through a page at a time and pinpoint words that can be substituted for other words that can give your paper a better "outfit". Another tip that really helped me was to really use solid evidence and to incorporate it well. I think that backing up any point that you are trying to make will not only get you a better grade on the paper but it will also make you look like you know what you are talking about. It gives the paper a powerful sense and shows that you did the research.

Posted by at 8:56 PM

Corrections for our papers

Posted by at 8:56 PM

Readings And Me

I think that the readings we have read this year seem helpful before starting a paper. Even the examples we have gotten from two former students. The "Mean Girls" essay was one that stands out in my mind. It just brings up memories from high school and how drama was such a big part of it. I am glad to be outta high school and start to write a new chapter in my life. However, I miss sports. I think that being here is an awesome experience and I have NO regrets whatsoever about coming to this university. High school was a great part of my life but being here for only a couple weeks or so, I already experienced so much more than I ever have in high school. I think that the material and homework is much harder but I know this is why we are here. To learn and we are paying for it. I am very happy about my decision to attend a college university.

Posted by at 2:25 PM