Critique 1

For our first class critique, my group was very supportive and suggested that I use text of some sort on all of my collages to make them cohesive. I felt comfortable about my black and white piece and had questions about my blue one - on how to push it. They thought I could add large font sizes on top that describes certain art/artists that I admire. For my 3rd collage, I was thinking about doing contour drawing and overlaying the original image. For the text, I would scan in my own handwriting to keep it flowing.
That was all we basically discussed about my images. Also we talked about using the boxes like a book and laying them on their sides when displayed. Maybe letting one object that resembles myself inside. Those objects still need to be determined.

Your black and white collage is GREAT! It'll be nice to see it once it's on the box and the text is finished. The blue one worries me a litle because your face is such a dark blue that it's hard to tell it's a photo, but I don't know if thats something that's really important to you (if it is I'm sure you can just up the exposure a little in photoshop, and if not it'll be fine either way I think). Otherwise, it looks like your project is coming along really well!