Recently in Focus Critique 1 Category

Critique 1

For our first class critique, my group was very supportive and suggested that I use text of some sort on all of my collages to make them cohesive. I felt comfortable about my black and white piece and had questions about my blue one - on how to push it. They thought I could add large font sizes on top that describes certain art/artists that I admire. For my 3rd collage, I was thinking about doing contour drawing and overlaying the original image. For the text, I would scan in my own handwriting to keep it flowing.
That was all we basically discussed about my images. Also we talked about using the boxes like a book and laying them on their sides when displayed. Maybe letting one object that resembles myself inside. Those objects still need to be determined.

D.F. update

Since last critique, I have worked on making collages. So far, I have made 2. I plan on making at least 2 more depending on how my first ones go. Materials I used: magazines, glue, water color, newspaper, acrylic paint, and digital photography. I am scanning them in and altering them in Photoshop.
what I have done so far...
1. self_002.jpg
2. self_004.jpg

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Focus Critique 1 category.

Digital Focus is the previous category.

Focus Critique 2 is the next category.